Tuesday 14 May 2013

My Song Of The Day: To Take You Home

To Take You Home by British musician Frank Turner is taken from his second solo album Love, Ire & Song which was released in 2007 (he recently released his fifth album, Tape Deck Heart). At the point of the album's release I hadn't heard of Frank Turner and it's only in the past week or so I've started listening to it. I personally prefer his third album Poetry Of The Deed and to that I prefer his fourth, England Keep My Bones. Anybody seeing a pattern and willing to bet Tape Deck Heart will end up being my favourite once I've listened to it?

Well, that went off topic quickly.

To Take You Home is a quirky, heart-warming song about love which is refreshing when much of the rest of the album seems to be more anguished, even the more upbeat ones. It has something of his later song Rivers from the album England Keep My Bones but with something more epic in the drum beats and something more personal and hopeful in the lyrics. It's so cheery. :)

Frank Turner – To Take You Home

No comments:

Post a Comment