Saturday 7 December 2013

Essential Songs For Existence 1: Livin' On A Prayer

Livin' On A Prayer by Bon Jovi is a classic. My dad likes Bon Jovi so I kind of grew up with some of their songs - especially this one, the most famous. I didn't like them that much for a long time, I thought they were alright but it was more my brother's sort of thing. But you can't deny that this song is just awesome.

As for other Bon Jovi songs I would recommend, I have only listened to three of their albums - Slippery When Wet, the origin of this song, their first greatest hits album Cross Road, and also their latest album What About Now - which is an amazing. My favourites from these are Lay Your Hands On Me, Keep The Faith, Army Of One, Because We Can, I'm With You, What's Left Of Me and Someday I'll Be Saturday Night. These are most certainly not Bon Jovi's most well known songs, but they're the ones that I personally like best.

So why am is this the first of my Essential Songs For Existence? Well, I thought that was obvious. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment