Monday 21 October 2013

GOOGLE, WHY?!

This is a little bit complicated. I created a new Google account specifically so that I could link this blog to it. Turns out, I can't do that. Unless I can. Somebody educate me please?

Basically, if Google lets me have things my way, I want to connect my blog to Google+, except that I don't particularly want to do that on this account, hence why I created a new one. I think I've linked the accounts, and I sent an invitation to my other account to be a writer on this blog. The theory behind this is that if my other account can be listed as a writer on this blog, then I can promote myself to admin, connect my blog to Google+ on my other account (because apparently blogs are so much easier to use on Google+, if you believe what Google tells you), stop blogging from this account, and voila. I have no idea if this is actually possible. I haven't got past the first stage yet. This account tells me that I have sent off the invitation for my guest writer, but my other account has no idea about it. Has it just quite simply not come through yet - and I just need to wait a bit longer? Should I try again?

I have no idea why I'm bothering to ask. It's not like anybody's actually reading this. Which was the idea behind connecting this blog to Google+, to connect more and actually get a couple of readers, because apparently Google+ is so much better.

But anyway. Long story short, if things go my way, I'll be blogging from a different account, on Google+. That account is beththewriter.librarymouse@gmail.com. I have the same picture as this one. I will be rather difficult to find, unless this blog magically shows you its followers, because I followed it in the hopes it would help my predicament. It didn't. I am also my only follower. Yay, popularity...

No comments:

Post a Comment