Monday 14 January 2013

New Year's Resolutions

There are several things I would like to blog about today. Rewriting a novel I started writing last year. Writing prompts. New Year's Resolutions. And Kristin Cashore would like to start a trend in which writers post pictures of their toilets, which I would now proceed to do, but I can't be bothered to go and take a picture of our toilet and upload it onto my laptop. So, I shall do that another day. Sorry, Kristin Cashore. I suppose I should thank you for being my favourite author, but... :P

And since I've been thinking about this one for a while, I'll do New Year's Resolutions. Now, I know a lot of people talk about New Year's Resolutions in January - our school, for one, had our annual assembly about it last week - and you're probably all sick of hearing all about it all over again. But I just thought I'd tell you my resolutions.
 1. I will get all my school work done as soon as I get it (which I'm breaking right now...) so that I don't get behind and stressed.
 2. I will revise everything constantly. Well, almost constantly.
 3. I will make sure that all my stuff has a place, so that I can put it all where it lives and keep my desk/room tidy.

And I suppose I'll add this one on, because even though it's one I'll enjoy, I'll forget about it amongst everything else if I don't:
 4. I will make an effort to write more, especially longer projects which I tend to give up on/get bored of, and the daily writing themes, which I tend to ignore (also, I will remember to blog :P)

So the point of this is that, I noticed in our annual New Year Resolutions assembly that our Head of Year talked as if most people tend to forget about a New Year's Resolution once it's broken. Like a promise; you can't go back, it's too late, you can't change that you broke it, therefore it's broken until you remake that resolution the next January. But I don't see it like that. If you're serious about the resolution, then show that you're damn serious about it! Make an effort! If you break it, so what? Try again! You don't get anywhere by giving up. Therefore, I make my fifth resolution:

 5. I will make a genuine effort to keep my resolutions even if I break them or have already broken them, and I WILL NOT GIVE UP!

To quote The Script: Winners never quit, quitters never win. That is all. Happy belated New Year, guys. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment