Wednesday 11 September 2013

TO READ: Anna Dressed In Blood

I finished this book by Kendare Blake today having spotted it online and thought "oh, that looks good" and then forgetting about it for months before finding it in my school library yesterday. I did have reservations about dedicating myself to read it, as I do now have schoolwork to be busy with once more, but a quote on the front told me that Cassandra Clare found it "spellbinding and romantic" and I do rather like Cassandra Clare's books, so I figured it wouldn't harm me to give it a read.

Anna Dressed In Blood tells the story of teenager Cas, who, like his dad before him, makes it his duty to destroy murderous ghosts. The book focuses on Cas's experience with a particularly dangerous ghost named Anna Korlov, who was brutally murdered years before, and who is the most powerful ghost Cas has ever encountered. It's a fast-paced horror story - not the sort of thing I'd usually read - but it's also a love story.

I enjoyed reading it and got rather attached to the characters, though I did find it confusing at times. Maybe I just read it too fast. It gets a little gory in parts, which I suppose is why the copy I've borrowed from the library has a "13+" sticker on the front. It did also make me more wary of the creaks my house makes at night - you have been warned. Personally, it's not one of my favourites, but it's still very good and I most certainly recommend it to anyone who cares to listen to me. :)

There is also a sequel, Girl Of Nightmares, which I believe I will be looking out for, and apparently Anna Dressed In Blood is also to become movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment