Saturday 18 January 2014

Essential Songs For Existence 7: Mr Blue Sky

What can I say? Who hasn't heard of this song? And it's brilliant for a sing-a-long. Uplifting and optimistic, it celebrates the sunny, happy days in life and reminds you of them when it's a bit grey and cloudy.

Most definitely ELO's most famous song - certainly off the album Out Of The Blue, which my mum tells me was the first album she ever bought - Mr Blue Sky is yet another undoubted classic. I love it. If you're looking to listen to more ELO classics, though, I recommend Sweet Talking Woman, Turn To Stone, Evil Woman, Telephone Line, and Livin' Thing. As you can probably tell, I only really know the most famous ones - either those on their Greatest Hits album, or Out Of The Blue - but at least we can all see why they're the famous ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment