Saturday 25 January 2014

Essential Songs For Existence 8: Paradise City



I'll admit that I'm not in any way a Guns 'N' Roses fan, but that doesn't mean that they're not famous and that they haven't written some good songs. I would assume that Sweet Child O' Mine is their most famous, so I almost wrote my recommendation on that - but then I remembered Paradise City, and decided there was no point in my writing about a song that I like less than another song by the same band that's pretty much just as famous. I don't think I really need to explain myself on this one, all the explanation you need is in that video up there, in the extremely chant-able lyrics, awesome guitar and  bad-ass beat. Hint: the louder you turn it up, the better.

The others that stand out in my mind (and are indeed the among the top five of their most popular songs of the list that comes up when you Google them) are November Rain, Welcome To The Jungle, Don't Cry and Knockin' On Heaven's Door - even though I'm led to believe it isn't actually their song. 

Anyway, no matter my personal preferences, this is still nevertheless an absolutely fantastic song, and certainly one famous enough that everybody should be able to sing karaoke to it - or at least hum along with it. I don't know the all the words unless they're in front of me either, I won't judge you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment