Monday 4 November 2013

Song Recommendation: Paradise (What About Us?)

I was literally in hysterics when I heard about this song coming out. It is the new single (released about two months ago now, I think - I'm only just getting around to blogging about it) of Within Temptation and Tarja Turunen. You might wonder what sets this song apart from other songs - what exactly had me hyperventilating, when the song wasn't even out yet? Well, Within Temptation are awesome. They are my favourite band. Fair enough, you might think. Nightwish are also awesome, they are my second favourite band. What does that have to do with anything, you might ask. Well Tarja is the ex-lead singer of Nightwish. Tarja is also awesome. And awesome + awesome = CRAZY AWESOME! Knowing that a song that was practically a collaboration between my two favourite bands was like a dream come true.

And "Paradise (What About Us?)" well and truly lived up to expectations. It's amazing. (Dr Who fans - notice that there's a sort of background noise in the build up that sounds kind of like a TARDIS?) I think I am slightly in love with it. This song on repeat = perfection. I simply cannot wait to hear Within Temptation's new album (rumoured to be out in January, I believe), and Tarja's new solo album has been out since August, methinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment